Thursday, March 8, 2012

Theology 101

Trace has been asking questions for years about who made this and who created that, and one day after a very long line of questioning, he stopped...then said, "But, who made God?"

I was very impressed with this question and realized that my answer sounded more fairy tale-ish than I thought it might. It turned into a pretty interesting conversation with me and JP about how to try and explain. Trace has not let the question go and I feel like my response is getting better (not that it has changed, but maybe more clear).

My latest response, "Well, we don't really know how he got here, he just always has been. Daddy and I believe in the Bible and it says he has always been. It's called faith."

He actually asked again tonight and said, "So, God is the only one who hasn't died? (pause) That's pretty cool."

God has blessed my little guy with a very inquisitve heart. I pray that he blesses Trace with understanding, compassion and acceptance of others and their beliefs (in spite of my attempts to bear witness) so that one day Trace can answer these questions from his own heart and mind.