Monday, March 19, 2012

Rodeo Austin 2012

JP gave me the absolute best Christmas present back in December...season tickets to the Austin rodeo. The rodeo runs for two weeks in and we are halfway through. Here are our rodeo highlights so far:

  • The kids went to their first rodeo and concert and loved it. They got to go three times this past week. I think the best part for them was the cotton candy (which we learned we HAD to save until the concert to make it all the way through).
  • Elizabeth loved Kidstown with the petting zoo and ponies to ride AND wearing her new cowboy boots as often as she could.
  • Trace did Mutton Bustin' on Saturday and did awesome! (THAT WAS YOUR VIDEO QUIZ FROM YESTERDAY).  He didn't win the buckle, but he got a huge trophy. He was so proud of himself. He just walked around holding his trophy begging for people to notice...and they did and he said, "Like 1,000 people love me!" I found him the next morning in his underoos with his night-night and his trophy. His response to my what in the world look was, "I just love it!"
  • I absolutely love the rodeo events, but after seeing one of the cowboys get seriously injured one night when a bull fell back and on top of him...I've had a hard time watching the bull riding. My stomach gets a little sick feeling everytime it starts. I love those cowboys, but they are crazy little boogers.
  • JP laughs at me every time, but for the last event of the rodeo, they let the buckin' broncs run free around the arena. They are absolutely beautiful creatures and I get totally choked up with tears every time. God made some pretty awesome things...
So, here's to one more week of the rodeo. I'll actually be heading back out there three more times before it ends. I love it...I love the footlong corndogs (I've only had one, I promise)...I love funnel cakes (you'd be proud, I've only had a little of one of those little pieces of heaven)...and I love that JP gave me the best Christmas present I could have ever wanted (love you, babe)!

1 comment:

Neno & Alisa said...

That is an awesome gift!! And look at you with the collage-o-rodeo pics...way to go!