Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year

A few days late, but best wishes to us all as we dive into 2011. Here are the highlights of our holiday break:

--I resigned from my employer from the last 8 years and accepted a new job starting January (tomorrow, eek)

--I took off a couple weeks to enjoy Christmas with the family...I think we had seven or eight Christmases total and the kids had a ball at each one (I'll try to figure out collages and upload some pictures later)

--Christmas came and went and then we spent New Years Eve at the deer lease...OH and I had a really bad ear infection, yes a 31 year old woman with an ear infection. It was quite a pain and the doctor told me to not make our trip to Las Vegas (which I'd surprised JP with for Christmas)...well, we are gamblers and we made the trip there and back and my ear drum is still in tact

--JP and I weren't winners in Vegas, but we still loved it. We counted and that made it the 7th time we've been...we might need a little break from Sin City

--Got home Wednesday and flew back out on Thursday with Trace and Tyler Bree to visit Aunt Lindsey in Houston...three days of Chucky Cheese, Children's Museum, Zoo, Lego store...the kids slept well and are asking when we are going back.

So - that was the run down. I am trying to prepare myself for my new adventure tomorrow. I am not a huge fan of change, but here's to hoping that I made a great choice and my new job will be a great way to start the new year.

1 comment:

Allena said...

You'll do great tomorrow!!