Monday, January 10, 2011

Change can be good

I made it through my first day at my new job. I was pretty nervous, hadn't had a "first day" in almost 8 years. I was talking to the kids about it last night and told them I was nervous. I asked Elizabeth, "What do I do if they don't like me?" Her response, "Ummm, if dey don't yike you...(long pause)...just come home." Perfect response, but luckily, it was a great day and I felt pretty at peace with the change. I even have my own cube to call home. I put up my serenity prayer and desk calendar with pictures of the kiddos. So, here's to day two and many more to come...

1 comment:

Shea said...

Change is scary! But kudos to you for taking on the challenge and making it through day one. I'm curious....what is the new job? We'll need a post on this soon!